Welcome to the Rose Cambodia Rehabilitation Clinic (RCRC) website.
Who We Are:
Rose Cambodia Rehabilitation Centre (RCRC) is a local NGO working in conjunction with the Chey Chumneas Referral Hospital in Takh Mao and the Cambodian Ministry of Health to deliver safe, equitable, high quality physiotherapy services to Cambodian communities.
What We Do:
RCRC provides physical rehabilitation services for members of the local community within the grounds of Chey Chumneas Referral Hospital. These services complement surgical procedures, as well as non-surgical physical rehabilitation.
We provide training for local medical staff, nurses and therapists in the benefits of physiotherapy, to maximise outcomes for patients and also provide a limited outreach service to increase the accessibility of our healthcare.
We promote the profession of Physiotherapy which when understood and utilised can result in improved outcomes for Cambodians with disability, injury or illness.
Physiotherapy services provided:
- Musculoskeletal injuries: including Lower Back, shoulder, Neck, arm and leg issues. We see people who have had motorcycle injuries, worksite injuries, sports injuries and more.
- Neurological injuries: strokes, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injuries
- Childhood development disorders: cerabral palsy, Muscular dystrophy
- Respiratory Conditions: TB, COAD
- Scar management: after operation or injury
RCRC is committed to providing high quality and equitable care for all focusing on:
- Reviewing services and outcomes
- Effective training of local staff
- Promoting physiotherapy and disability awareness within Cambodia
- Integrating with government services
- Providing skills and knowledge into rural community areas
- To provide a high level of quality service in Physiotherapy within the area.
- To provide the opportunity for disenfranchised Cambodians to achieve an improved quality of life, to work towards disability prevention and to promote active futures and community inclusion for all.
- To strengthen the quality and recognition of the physiotherapy profession within Cambodia.
- To work with government and local health providers in offering to marginalised Cambodians, with disability and/or illness, a high standard of holistic rehabilitation services.
How We Work:
Supported by Rose Charities International since conception in 1997, RCRC was initially established in collaboration with Operation First Cambodia and Rose Charities Australia to develop a facility and program to provide physiotherapy and holistic care. Support is now from Rose Charities USA, Rose Charities Canada, and Rose Charities UK.
What You Can Do:
- Become Informed: learn about why this centre is important and how it has helped the local community.
- Donate: Help us support children and adults in need by making a donation. If you want to donate a specific item, please have a look at our wish list.
- Volunteer: Assist us with fundraising and other activities
Please click here to gain more insight into the life changing work being done in Cambodia, with Cambodians and by Cambodians, with your help.